Saturday, October 23, 2010

Zumba = Sweaty Fun

Have you ever tried Zumba? Pretty wild name for a crazy-cool exercise that is a lot of sweaty fun. Seriously.

(not to gross you out...but maybe...the towel pictured is my designated sweat catcher for Zumba time. I figured I should just label it permanently so it didn't get mixed in with the other hand towels that look just like it. Ewww)

So for 45ish minutes you do these shake-your-hips moves to jivy music and you start to think you could be on "So You Think You Can Dance" or something....

And then you get rehydrated in between songs and realize you're just an uncoordinated white girl who mostly forgets to shake her hips because you're concentrating so hard on the beat and keeping up with the girl two rows in front of you, who you are pretty sure is spot-on every time and maybe she should just lead the class already she's so brilliant, and you kinda (but not really) wish a mirror was nearby so you could gauge just exactly how ridiculous you look in this room of totally synchronized people moving to the right and left and backward and forward and around at the same time and did you perhaps miss the memo everyone else got about yesterday's rehearsal to learn the exact choreographed version of the day?

Oh. Sorry about that. Anyways, Zumba is fun. I go on Saturday mornings to a church nearby and I rock out with about 40 other women. Cool way for a church to get people to grace it's doors for the first time, if you ask me (but maybe you're glad you didn't). We use the song "I Know My Redeemer Lives" (Nicole C. Mullen) as our cool-down--a perfect ending to a perfect way to start the day!
Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post. But did you really expect me to break out my camera in the middle of Zumba? It's not like I don't already stick out enough already, people.
ZUMBA. You should give it a try!

2 comments: