Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TT Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Today's tutorial is a dinner recipe I got from my sister, a newlywed for just 3 months now but with already very impressive kitchen skills!
The first time I made it I went from memory of what I thought she said was in it. Well--it turned out kinda scary when I tripled the amount of water needed and substituted sour cream for cream of chicken.
But seriously, if you just stick to the recipe, it's super easy, and has only 4 ingredients (not including the water....am I supposed to include that when I count the # of ingredients? It's not like you have to go out and buy it to make this recipe!)

Creamy Crockpot Chicken


Chicken-- enough for "your people" (boneless/skinless)

3/4 cup water

1 packet dry italian dressing

1 cream cheese rectangle

1 can cream of chicken


BONUS: all ingredients can be found at Aldi. Add "cheap" to the list of things that make this recipe fantastic



Okay, here you go: (plan on 4 hours start to finish)

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix 3/4 c water with italian dressing packet and pour on top of chicken. Cook on low 3 hours.

After 3 hours, mix cream cheese with cream of chicken and pour on top of cooked chicken. Cook an additional 1 hour and you're done. Really.

I served this with quick cook brown rice and microwave veggies for a full meal.





















See the veggie pic? You can tell my family ate around 6:23. No matter how hard I try to get dinner on the table sooner--it just never happens. Anyone else feel like the 5pm hour goes by way too quickly? What's up with that?!




Well, it wasn't pizza and it wasn't hot dogs so my kids didn't love it....
but they did eat it.
Maybe it had something to do with wanting a piece of Aunt Mindy's fudge for dessert.
My children will do a lot for a piece of chocolate...I wonder where they get that from?!
Happy Tutorial Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Yum...looks good! Was it hard to mix the cr cheese and cr of chicken together? Love the plate--square is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....maybe I should've given Justin some credit in this tutorial?! he's the one who mixed it! but I left out the cream cheese so it was room temp which I'm sure helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah!! you tried it again! i love your "presentation" as food network would say :) very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it tonight. It was great. I personally don't have a husband to mix the Cream Cheese and Cream of Chicken so I used a hand mixer.

    ReplyDelete