Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TT Apple Chicken Soup

Do you wake up every morning and wonder what the James fam is having for dinner?
Funny, I do.
Well, if carrot flav Gerber wagon wheels aren't your thing (and just to be clear, Char is the only one in our fam who still likes these dissolving wonders) .....
then maybe you'll want to Rock the Crock with me this week.
Let me be a little more helpful and tell you to get out a pen and paper because I know you're going to want to rock this recipe. I just know you all like that. So....
This week's grocery list should include the following: (unless already in stock for rock the crock....sorry I couldn't help the rhyme there)

Apple Chicken Soup
3 T butter
2 cans Northern beans, drained and rinsed


2 T minced onion
4 green apples, chopped (leave peel on)
2 t chili powder
1/2 t italian seasoning
1 t ground cumin
4 shakes of salt, pepper
& garlic powder
1 container chicken broth1 c plain yogurt
if you don't have a Pampered Chef measuring cup to measure out ingredients like yogurt, peanut butter, mayo, etc.....I can't say enough about this amazing thing. You need one.
And I've hosted enough PC parties to know....(cause you get free stuff, that's why)
1 can chunk chicken breast

Put everything in the crock and stir
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
I served this to my fam over noodles with a side of cornbread. Both Justin and I couldn't stop saying "This is so flavorful." So if you think flavor is important, then Rock the Crock with me. You won't regret it.
Have a super (Tutorial) Tuesday, Blogger Buddies!

7 comments:

  1. apples and beans sound a little strange, but why not... may be we'll have to pick up some apples today. I'm surprised you have enough apples knowing how Caleb loves them. Did he like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this really a soup we can eat as is, or do you need to serve it over noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples, beans, and noodles---does sound strange. I'm also wondering if you can eat it as soup or does it need noodles? Doesn't look very "soupy". But I'll take your word for it that it's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright you noodle-haters ;) you def would NOT need noodles, we just like our soup w/lots in it! Just FYI the apples soak up the flav but are NOT crunchy (if you like crunch add them @ the end?) Caleb is moving out of his apple phase but he did eat this soup as good as he's been eating any dinner lately!! :) Enjoy, all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely yummy. I didn't have yogurt so I used sour cream instead, we liked it that way. Each bite just made you want more. We sprinkled a little shredded cheddar cheese on it, after all, we do live in WI!

    ReplyDelete