Sunday, October 17, 2010

About Jesus

I don't just want to be about the things that are about Jesus.
I want to be about Jesus.

Does that make sense? We get passionate about the things Jesus is about: helping the homeless, adoption, caring for widows, funding a charity, filling a gap in a ministry in the local church, etc. These things are great. These things rock. These are, I repeat, the things that Jesus is about.

But do you ever notice that Jesus sometimes gets lost in it? We become so passionate about the individual cause, the specific ministry...that we lose sight of the One we are serving and striving to love more each day. I know that when I fall more in love with Jesus, when I'm spending time with Him, when I'm learning more about Jesus and His ways... that my ministry will be more of Him and not just about Him.

Those are my deep thoughts today. It's nice to know I still have some of those between deciding whether I like Diego or Handy Manny better; if I think Luke Skywalker is cool; and other profound questions I answer daily.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, Laurie! And, for the record, I prefer Handy Manny...easy choice. His voice is way less annoying than Diego!

    ReplyDelete