Monday, April 11, 2011

smoothie is the word.

I just can't go another moment
without letting you in on the magic that is found in this bullet machine
---our fam is in LOVE with it---
info-mercial schminfo-mercial
we bought it and then watched the online infoUNmercial


Caleb is all about the green smoothie
spinach leaves give the drink the disturbing hue
and I think it's great that my 5 year old wakes up and asks
if he can have spinach for breakfast...
as a mom, how can I deny my son?!

Jon can get behind a smoothie some mornings, too
but Matthias is just not a fan
(he's an instant oatmeal kinda guy)

however...
everyone is a fan of the milkshakes that can be made
in this tiny-yet-powerful wonder of a machine
known as the magic bullet


some recipes that have become James fam favs:

Laurie's Frapp
1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup skim milk
ice (to fill cup)
1-2 Tbsp choc syrup


Caleb's Green Smoothie
8-10  spinach leaves
1/2 banana
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
handful of ice


Justin's Breakfast Blend
3 frozen strawberries
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
1/4 apple
1/2 cup OJ or crystal light
2 small scoops rainbow sherbert


did you know you can easily make your own hummus?!
can of chickpeas
chicken broth
red pepper flakes and garlic

drain chickpeas, add broth to correct consistency
sprinkle in flakes and garlic to taste
blend it up
serve with snap peas
oh my.

have a SUPER monday!

love, Laurie for the fam




4 comments:

  1. Beware! Caleb's banana may constipate! I can give Laynie one a week--otherwise it's bad news! But the spinach??? Seriously just for a green smoothie??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the bullet! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipes... now I 'need' a bullet. :)

    ReplyDelete