Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TT Cake Mix Cookies


Today's tutorial is, quite possibly, a life changer. I don't want to get overly dramatic here (who, me?!)...but this is an awesome recipe.
Can you say--"cookies in 3
(kinda 4) ingredients"

Come on, right?! No. I'm serious.

If you've never made these circles of goodness than you need to. If you've never tasted these wonders, than come on over because I've still got some left. 3 to be exact. So hurry!


Cake Mix Cookies
What you need (you could memorize this):2 boxes cake mix (any kind)
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
Add ons: frosting and sprinkles and/or chocolate chips







Got that? Now mix the 3 together.....it'll be thick, so I'm hoping you have a Kitchen Aid like I do. LOVE my Kitchen Aid for all the incredible mixing skills it possesses. I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for mixing the batter 10 minutes straight. I would not even dream about attempting that without this domestic device.



Now I bet you're wishing I was sharing my cheesecake recipe. Well, now I wish I was making my cheesecake recipe so we're on the same page. But stick with me because this 3 ingredient recipe is a keeper--especially if you forget you need to make a dessert until the last minute or you and your fam already ate the one you were supposed to take somewhere. Does that happen to anyone else?!
SO--After your batter is well-blended, use a spoon to make balls of dough and place on cookie sheet (ungreased). I keep these cookies small because it's much easier to justify eating several that way. I'm all about the justification when it comes to cookies.
Obviously, your oven is already preheated to 375 degrees because you're smart like that to preheat your oven. So put the cookies in for about 7-9 minutes. Definitely pull them out before they are all the way "done." They are much better if they are slightly doughie (doughy? doughee?)
Once they are cool, you have a big decision to make:

To add frosting or to not add frosting
Some people really wrestle with decisions like this. I'm not one of these people-- Go for the frosting!
Some people will make homemade frosting that tastes magical. I'm not one of those people. If Betty Crocker rocks it, she just does. I'm not about to mess with a good thing.
Disclaimer: there is one cake mix cookie that doesn't need frosting--Funfetti. Sometimes you just need to know when to say no. No to the frosting and no to messing up the purity of taste that is funfetti cookies. Put the frosting down. Or eat a spoonful. (oh, I would never...)

And there you have it, Blogger Buddies. Cake mix cookies in just 3 ingredients (or 4).

The possibilities are endless:
  • Chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips and/or chocolate frosting
  • Spice (or pumpkin) cake mix with cream cheese frosting
  • Lemon cake mix with powdered sugar
  • Yellow cake mix with sprinkles
  • Funfetti cake mix
The other day when I baked some chocolate chip cookies (now that's like, what...9 ingredients?!) I had a moment when I realized it had been awhile since I went this route for cookie making. So I asked the hubs (a little sheepishly)
"How long has it been since I made non-cake mix cookies?"
(Insert Pause by hubs Justin)
"Um, did I ever make non-cake mix cookies when we lived in our last house? (Note: when you've been married for 10 years and lived in 4 places and had 4 kids you "timeline your life" by one or the other...)
Hmmmm....
Really?! We lived there for like 2 years.
Okay. So when I give you a Tutorial Tuesday on Cake Mix Cookies you can rest assured that I sincerely stand behind this recipe. For 2 full years of my life this was the only kind of cookie I made. And I make a lot of cookies.
Wow. It's really time to evaluate my baking skills. Expand to new horizons.
But did I mention how easy these are to make? And tasty?!
ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Will definitely be making some in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this recipe. I'm always up for something quick & easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cookies. I like to make strawberry, lemon, and funfetti around Easter. The colors are great for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! I'm having the high school girls over in a few weeks to make cookies and this recipe has just been added to the list! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete