Tuesday, January 4, 2011

and I would run 500 miles

New Years Resolutions drive me crazy. For 2 reasons, mainly.
#1 I think they're dumb
#2 I can't help but make one

Justin and I are both going to run 500 miles in 2011. How's that for a challenge?

I like the balance of keeping on track with about 10 miles a week (reasonable amount)
and the flexibility of fitting exercise into the ebb and flow of our busy lives.

In these winter months, our tready is going to help us get the job done.
So I started today.

2 miles--bring it.

The first mile I was going strong at my fav pace (10 min mile) but then the second mile caught up with me.

Whew. So I slowed down to a 12 min pace and symbolically patted myself on the back for the baby steps to my New Years Res.

I'll get there...

I have to say, for being totally inconsistent with exercise...
I love, love, LOVE owning a treadmill.

If I'm in a season where I'm not using it, it's a constant reminder that--I prob should be!
If I'm in a season where I am using it, it's so convenient. No excuses, you know?!

My absolute fav exercise...
Dancing to tunes on youtube with the kiddos. Currently we're rocking out to Dynamite.
Such a blessing that there's an Alvin and the Chipmunks version they prefer....
(any other songs those rodents want to ruin?)

Anyone else have a new years challenge?
Happy Tuesday, All!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!
    I need to build muscle myself - I have/ had a condition that l dropped in wight to 73 lbs. So now I've got NO muscles - it's actually a struggle to gain the proper wight with muscle tones.
    I need one of these machines ;)
    xoxo
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete