Thursday, November 4, 2010

murphy. and his laws

You know Murphy and his Lame-O Law? Not to sound all important or anything but I'm pretty sure he had the James house in mind, especially this Thursday morning, when he wrote it...
If there was something to be spilled at breakfast, it spilled.
If there was someone who has a head, it got bonked.
If there was any reason at all to get up before 7am....

you need help blowing your nose?

you need to use the bathroom (again)?

you can't seem to find your stuffed puppy?

you need to eat? you are teething?

you need fresh socks because yours are (umm....) wet?

Let's just say this morning we were far from submission to the James fam rule that states,


"thou shall have a 7 as the first number on your clock before emerging from your bed."

Now Murphy. I'm sorry to insult your Law which seems to have some credibility to it.

But I was ready for you.


Ahhhh...
Peppermint Mocha coffee
(already) brewing from my smart coffee pot.

Take that, Murphy
I am going to need that whole pot of caffeinated-wonder as I tackle the fun of matching a (overflowing) basket of socks and loading the dishwasher with all the dishes that will fit... cause I'm pretty sure I quite possibly have almost 2 loads waiting in the sink!
But I really hope I keep getting requests to read Curious George books as I have been during the writing of this post. So far the monkey has taken over a chocolate factory and interrupted a skiing competition. Love those books!

Have a super Thursday, Blogger Buddies!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I sure needed this. After having surgery Monday and keeping up with nursing a 6 week old, while my hubby cares for me and the three children has taken it's toll on our family. I can use the plate to show hubby some appreciation as soon as I can stand straight long enough to make supper...or put some take out on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Friend! Sounds like you have your hands full right now....yay for supportive hubbies, right?! I say GO FOR THE TAKE OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog "makeover"! Very spunky!!

    ReplyDelete