Thursday, November 18, 2010

God's handiwork

let me share with you a quote from a book I was reading last night "the me I want to be" by John Ortberg (surprisingly good.....I was pretty skeptical at first)

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (paraphrase Ephesians 2:10)
You are not your handiwork; your life is not your project. Your life is God's project. God thought you up, and He knows what you were intended to be. He has many good works for you to do, but they are not the kind of "to do" lists we give spouses or employees....Your spiritual life is not limited to certain devotional activities that you engage in. It is receiving power from the Spirit of God to become the person God had in mind when He created you--His handiwork." (p 14)

I love the fact that I am God's handiwork. Sometimes I have a day where I wonder if there's any "handy" in the work of my life. But when I read the truth from God's Word, there really is no question there. You are God's handiwork, too! How cool is that?! No matter what you may be struggling with today, God's not finished with you. In fact, He's already got plans for you that you have no idea about but He does. He views your future as if it's a story already in print....and He wrote it. Now doesn't that just put an extra little spring in your step?!

Have a super day, All!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, sis! I love that I am God's handiwork, too. I love that He wrote my story and it's "already in print!" An awesome reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY had the egg mcmuffin!!! how did you know??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, is there *another* Andrea on here??? I'm wondering!!

    ~Andrea in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea in Ohio--yes, there is another Andrea that comments on this blog but it's you were comment #4 for monday's giveaway, correct? ;)

    ReplyDelete