Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TT Candy Cheesecake

mmmm...I'll have some of that.
it may not be from a well-known restaurant and cost $7.95 a slice

but does it work to show some love to the hubs for playing solo dad-o two saturdays in a row? o.
(Find out below)
But if you want some cheesecake love and I mean some SERIOUS cheesecake in your life, than you just might want to take note on today's tutorial:
Let's start with the crust, shall we? 2 ingredients:
3 Tablespoons butter
18 sandwich cookies

I had some helpers count out the 18 cookies needed for the crust. I witnessed a couple of dropped cookies and then overheard the same cookie being counted as #11 and 12 and then #14 and 15....so I'm not sure I ended up with the right amount in the end. Free help without a Kindergarten education. You just never know what you're going to get.

When you're a 3 year old boy and your mom hands you a hammer to whack a bag full of cookies you become Bob the Builder for a moment in time.

Melt your butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix it with your crushed 18 or so cookies. Press it into two pie plates to form a crust. Bake in the oven @ 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Keep oven on for later...

Time to work on the filling for these crusts:

4 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese-I used 2 reg and 2 neufchatel cheese
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips)

Melt 8 oz chocolate now (about 1 min in micro) because you need it to cool.
Mix the other 4 ingredients together until well blended. While chocolate is cooling...
Crush candy of choice to add to cheesecake. I chose chocolate mint cookies (ALDI!) and Reese's Pieces. Sprinkle evenly over crust.
So by now your chocolate has cooled and you can add it to the cream cheese mixture.
Add 4 eggs--one at a time. After well-blended, pour over two candy crusts.
Bake 45 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is set.

While cheesecake is warm, press additional candy on top. Refrigerate about 4 hours...or forget about this step like I did and stick the cheesecake in the freezer for about an hour and a half.

I asked Justin to give me a look that says he would let me do Chicago again someday. 2 weekends in a row? How good was that cheesecake? Did I mention I also made him a meal I knew he would love--
Casserole-esque.
Beef.
I'm seeing the look and thinking there's a chance. What do ya think?

1 comment:

  1. He HAS to let you come meet up with me again!! I can't go through Laurie withdrawl! How about February or March?? Start bribing him now and maybe we can set a date.

    ReplyDelete