Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lent-Approved...Rock that Crock


some of you, my blogger b's
need a fresh take on fish for your friday nights
I am not a participater in Lent
but I enjoy the idea of giving something up
to focus on the sacrifice of Jesus
=====================================================
so here's a little Rock the Crock, with a fishy twist
(pardon me for that, I couldn't help myself)
I'm telling you, forget the Friday Night Fish Fry
you are going to LOVE this easy way to make some healthy and delicious
FISH
in 3 ingredients
for each piece of fish you are going to make
you need a piece of foil to fully wrap the fish in a packet
place the fish on the foil square
and place a spoonful of pesto on top

sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
til your hearts content
keep in mind when looking at my picture
that I'm a Wisconsin girl
we go a little overboard when it comes to the cheese
sometimes
seal up your packets of foil by folding securely
and place into crock (no water)
Rock it on LOW for 3 HOURS
check to see if fish flakes easily and if not, add more time
(mine was ready @ 3 hrs)

 
the first question Justin always asks when I'm serving fish is
"do we have some tarter sauce to go with this?"
gulp 
I always forget the tartar sauce.
but when we were done, he said
"this fish was so tasty it didn't need any sauce"
phew
so there you have it:
fish so good it can remain tartar-sauce-less

Caleb's helping Justin hang a picture on the wall

Is there anything sweeter than watching your son
take after his Daddy?!
if I think of something
I'll let you all know.....
but I wouldn't count on it!


have a SUPER (tutorial!) Tuesday, all!

love, laurie for the fam

 grocery list:
*bag of frozen tilapia
*jar of pesto
*parmesan cheese

I'm linking up HERE today for Tasty Tuesdays on
33 Shades of Green.
Need some recipe ideas?!  check it out!


4 comments:

  1. That looks easy and good. We will have to try it for sure!
    Hope you're having a good day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for a moment Hot Dog Friday and been replaced!!! I wonder it this would go over I our house. I might give it a try when I get a new crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds soo good! will try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds good & easy, two things that make up a good recipe! & i'm with you on the cheese, wisconsin or not!

    i would love for you to link this & any other recipe to mangia monday!

    http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com/2011/03/mangia-mondays-3-easy-tie-dye-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete