Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rock the Crock-- bbq 2 for 1

Let's Rock it
bbq chicken, crock style
(adapted by me from a taste of home recipe aug/sept '10 issue)
this is a recipe to be excited about BECAUSE...
it's a twofer
2 for 1, that is
make it once, enjoy it twice
 
(pretend there's a bottle of honey in the pic)
Here's what you need to mix up for the BBQ love:
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 bottle your fav BBQ sauce
1 cup italian dressing
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup honey
Here's what you are going to pour the mixture over:
4-5 chicken chests (boneless, skinless)
*note*  I used frozen....yes, still frozen
1 red onion, sliced into thick rings
(thick because you're going to want to take them out at the end)
When it looks something like this
after rockin in the crock about
 6 hours on low
Remove the chicken from the crock
Shred easily with a fork
Return the chicken to it's BBQ love
Bake your potatoes at some point
                                Plan on about an hour @ 350
                   I drizzled mine with olive oil and some sea salt
(highly recommended)
                       You can figure out what to do from here...
       Like a good Wisconsin girl I sprinkled some cheese on top
                  Cheese makes all things better, don't you think?
We're not a good leftover fam
So I froze the bbq chicken that was superfulous (sp) from our first dining experience
And I made bbq chicken subs a week or so later
Some provolone cheese,
some good (think: non generic) sub bread
Meal #2.  Boom. 
And I didn't even do anything this time around but unfreeze the meat
I guess thaw is the word but unfreeze is what popped into my head
Anyone have some cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce
just sittin around, waiting for that perfect recipe?
Look no further.

What do you say, Blogger B's...
Wanna ROCK the CROCK with me?!

Enjoy your tasty (tutorial) Tuesday!

linking up here
check it.  some good stuff over there.

1 comment:

  1. That looks scrumptious. I just threw my version of it in the crock. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete