Friday, November 11, 2011

give me back that filet o fish

having way too much fun
with our family pics

cropping
changing exposure
making black and white
adding a matte
adding color

oh, my
the hours....
(and Justin asking can we please just go to bed?  now?)

but I'll tell you about some time that wasn't wasted
today.
lunchtime.
I was at my sons' school
Jonathan has been asking me to have lunch with him
(a helpful FIL who took care of the 2 youngers)
and there was no WAY I was going to miss this opportunity

how did he get to be in 3rd grade already?!
how much longer is he even going to want to see me around his school?
perhaps my days are more numbered than I realize
Caleb didn't even want me to eat lunch with him
(but certainly didn't mind when I showed up anyway
just for a sec
to hand him a mini snickers bar for dessert
cool.mom.points.
maybe)

anyways
I stopped at mcdonalds and got Jon and myself some golden arches love
filet-o-fish sandwiches
(Jon's without tartar sauce)
2 pumpkin pies for a buck
and a medium order of fries
(that resembled a small by the time I got there....but who's counting)
and chocolate milk
(which was awkward with a fish sandwich
but soda wasn't allowed
I felt like a 3rd grader myself...)

it was fun
it was toats adorbs to watch my son
take good care of me and make sure I was having a good time
it sure seemed like he was....

we hopscotched at recess
and I just wanted to squeeze and hug and kiss him as I left when the bell rang
but I refrained
and got a nice side hug
initiated totally by him

I love him.
I'm in mothering heaven.


have a super weekend.
I mean it.

5 comments:

  1. I know where you can find cute Christmas cards for those family pics. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so happy that you had that special lunch date with him. I love the side hug too.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome mommy/son date! He'll remember that forever! And I love the family photo of all of you on the bridge! Toats adorbs ;) Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that picture! LIKE how you chose to color only the little gal. I have a picnic with Picnik, i could spend hours over there. sometimes i do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right to cherish those moments!! Sounds like a sweet, sweet day.

    ReplyDelete