Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Prego Mama addicted.....to SUGAR

Okay, so I'm slightly addicted to sugar. I'll admit it. Is there a group for this? Everytime the phone rings I squirm......if it's the doctor's office calling to tell me I've got the dreaded "gestational diabetes" I just don't know what I'd do. Cry? Scream? Throw a fit? Go to bed and never come out?
Seriously, though, I'd be totally bummed.
Today I had my craving, once again, for lunch. French toast sticks. I know, great lunch option, right? But cravings aren't supposed to make sense, people! At least I'm not in the kitchen taking turns between spoonfuls of green olives and marshmallow fluff. Yeah.....I did that last pregnancy. Frankly, I was so relieved when Matthias was born and he looked and acted normal. Who knows how he could've turned out w/awkward cravings like that?! However.....could it by any chance explain his desire to constantly climb on other people's heads? He does that a lot and I'm just wondering where he gets that from. Well, anyway...
So today we had some people over for dinner--only she insisted on bringing the dinner, complete with dessert. Who was I to thwart her plans? So here I was having people over for dinner and I was taking a nap up until 30 minutes of their arrival. No stress. It was beautiful!
And...the dinner was really good and the dessert was even better. If I do not post anything for the rest of my pregnancy you can pretty much know that I have been put on sugar withdrawl and am unable to function.
That's not the phone ringing, is it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment